As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yongnuo created excellent external flashes that are compatible with Canon cameras. Although Canon cameras have built-in flashes, attaching Yongnuo flashes can ensure brighter and clearer images.
The best Yongnuo flash for Canon is easy to operate, produces the results that you want and is ideal for both professional photographers and amateurs.
- Best Yongnuo Flash for Canon
- Features to Consider in Yongnuo Flash for Canon
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Yongnuo Flash for Canon
Even though Canon cameras can capture amazing images on their own, having access to numerous high-quality accessories can improve your abilities and let you adapt to your environment.
The best Yongnuo flash for Canon is a must-have for photoshoots. It has the right features to give you the result that you desire.
Yongnuo YN200 Wireless Flash Speedlite
The Yongnuo YN200 Speedlite can serve as a commander and send radio signals to six other external flashes, so you won’t have to set them up individually. It is ideal for studio photoshoots that need more lights.
With the AUTO setting, the flash can fire whenever the sensor detects the subject nearby. It is also a feature that determines if the area needs light or not.
The external flash has a high guide number of 60. The external flash can reach subjects up to 197 feet away. It has an impressive recycling time of 2 seconds, unlike the Yongnuo YN600EX-RT II that has a 3-second recycling time.
However, the flash is not dustproof and waterproof, unlike the Yongnuo YN650EX-RF Wireless Flash Speedlite and the Yongnuo YN600EX-RT II Wireless Flash Speedlite.
Also, the text on the LCD screen disappears when the flash is under direct sunlight.
- It is equipped with an AUTO setting feature that illuminates the subject immediately when it is in the frame, saving battery life.
- The guide number of 60 is high as it can reach subjects up to 197 feet away.
- The flash is not waterproof and dustproof, not recommended for outdoor use.
- The LCD screen can be challenging to see when it is placed under harsh lighting.
- YN200 can receive the controlling and triggering signal from the TTL master unit such as YN862...
- Supports YONGNUO new upgraded RF radio flash system; Using removable bare tube lamp tube, GN60 high...
- It is equipped with large capacity battery with imported cell, using Type-C interface charger, which...
Yongnuo YN650EX-RF Wireless Flash Speedlite
The Yongnuo YN650EX-RF Wireless Flash Speedlite has a guide number of 60, which can reach subjects 197 feet away from you.
The flash has a unique feature called AUTO setting that determines when the light is needed or not, which is great for subjects that keep on moving because it saves the flash’s battery life.
The flash can also be connected to six other external flashes via radio signals, making it ideal for studio photoshoots. It is also sealed from water, dust, and dirt, unlike the Yongnuo YN200 Wireless Flash Speedlite.
The 2-second recycling time is impressively fast, unlike the Yongnuo YN600EX-RT II that has a 3-second recycling time, which is slow.
However, the hot shoe of the flash is not sturdy enough, and it may fall during sudden movements. Also, the flash’s LCD screen can be difficult to see outdoors under direct sunlight.
- It can reach subjects up to 197 feet away thanks to its guide number of 60.
- It has an AUTO setting that fires only when necessary, so it saves the flash’s battery life.
- The hot shoe is not solid. It is made of plastic, so it breaks easily
- It can be difficult to see the text on the LCD screen when it is used outdoors.
- YN650EX-RF Flash Speedlite, GN60@ISO100，200mm professional high index flash, 1/8000...
- YN650EX-RF Flash Lamp, Large-size LCD Negative Display Screen, which is equipped with unique oval...
- Support C Series Optical Transmission Wireless Master Flash, in optical transmission wireless flash...
Yongnuo YN600EX-RT II
The YN600EX-RT external flash is created for Canon cameras. The weather-sealed construction of the flash makes it ideal for outdoor use because it can withstand any weather conditions.
The external flash’s 60 guide number is high. It can light up subjects that are 197 feet away. The hot shoe is sturdy, so you can use it while walking around without worrying about it slipping and falling.
However, the recycling time of 3 seconds is too slow, unlike the Yongnuo YN200 and the Yongnuo YN650EX-RF that has a recycling time that only lasts for 2 seconds.
Also, it is not equipped with the AUTO setting feature, unlike the Yongnuo YN200 Wireless Flash Speedlite and the Yongnuo YN650EX-RF Wireless Flash Speedlite. This means that you will need to manually capture the subject as the sensor does not pick up its movements.
- It has an assignable mode button that lets you set a timer, so it fires when you need it to.
- The guide number of 60 can cover subjects as far as 197 feet.
- It does not have the AUTO setting feature, so you will need to make sure that the subject is in the frame before firing to conserve the battery life.
- The recycling time of 3 seconds is very slow, not ideal for fast-paced flash photography.
- Supports optical transmission and wireless radio transmission flash shooting, the YN600EX-RT II can...
- Supports wireless radio transmission flash shooting, cooperate with the YN600EX-RT(II),Canon...
- In the optical transmission flash shooting, the YN600EX-RT II can be used as master unit to trigger...
Features to Consider in Yongnuo Flash for Canon
Yongnuo is a trusted brand when it comes to camera accessories.
When it comes to purchasing the best Yongnuo flash for Canon, there are things that you need to consider to make sure that what you get can give you what you need.
|Product||Weather-Sealed||Recycling TIme||AUTO Setting|
|Yongnuo YN200 Wireless Flash Speedlite||No||2 seconds||Yes|
|Yongnuo YN650EX-RF Wireless Flash Speedlite||Yes||2 seconds||Yes|
|Yongnuo YN600EX-RT II Wireless Flash Speedlite||Yes||3 seconds||No|
Photoshoots are not just done indoors, they are done outdoors too. Since the weather is very unpredictable, it is best to get a protected flash against external elements such as dirt, dust, water, and more. This is to make sure that its performance does not get affected.
The Yongnuo YN650EX-RF and the Yongnuo YN600EX-RT II are both weather-sealed.
External flashes need breaks to recharge. It gathers power from its source before it bursts another round of light to prevent overheating or causing dark shadows on your images.
In flash photography, every single second matters, which is why it is best to get a flash that has a fast recycling time like Yongnuo YN200 Wireless Flash Speedlite and Yongnuo YN650EX-RF Wireless Flash Speedlite.
The AUTO setting feature of an external flash can help keep its battery running longer. It uses the camera sensor to know if the subject is within the frame and it is time to fire or if the subject is constantly moving.
If the AUTO setting detects that the subject is within the camera’s frame, it will automatically fire a round of flashes, so you don’t waste any round. The Yongnuo YN200 Wireless Flash Speedlite and the Yongnuo YN650EX-RF Wireless Flash Speedlite are equipped with this feature.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Yongnuo Flashes Compatible With Nikon and Canon?
Yongnuo flashes are compatible with both Canon and Nikon DSLR cameras. It offers a whole range of external flashes for the two camera brands.
All of the Yongnuo flashes are cross-compatible, which means you can use them on both camera brands.
Do Yongnuo Flashes Have TTL Capability?
Not all Yongnuo flashes have the TTL technology, as some of them are manual control only. The TTL technology measures the amount of light in the area that you’re doing your photoshoot, so it determines how much light the flash should use.
Without TTL, you need to adjust the flash manually, and you will need to estimate the level of intensity of the light by yourself.
Yongnuo is a trusted brand amongst photographers. One of the most famous products of Yongnuo is its external flashes, and it brings the best out of Canon cameras.
The best Yongnuo flash for Canon can enhance all of the features of your camera, and it allows you to take amazing videos and images no matter what the condition of the environment is.