As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The quality of your video can make or break a vlog, so what do you do when you need a good camera at a reasonable price? These vlogging cameras under $400 have such a wide variety of qualities that you need not compromise for either the price or the features.
- List of Best Vlogging Camera Under $400
- Frequently Asked Questions
List of Best Vlogging Camera Under $400
- GoPro HERO 9
- Sony DSC-RX100
- Canon PowerShot SX740
- Nikon D3400
- Canon EOS Rebel T6
Although on the list, the Sony DSC-RX100 is in no way behind the others. Being the first product by Sony that allows the user to take professional-grade manual HD pictures, this vlogging camera has some standards to uphold.
Several vlogging cameras boast their small size but the Sony RX100 is so small that it could easily slip into the pockets of your trousers. The Sony DSC-RX100 was voted as being the best travel companion among its other competitors in the previous year. It adapts to night and low light, so it can be used for indoor blogging aside from traveling. For example, if you have an upholstery shop then you can also use this for recording like demos of disassembling the recliner, removing seats in recliner, and other tutorials for your shop.
- Compact and interactive design
- HD 1080p video quality
- Adopts to night and low light situations
- ISO of 6400
- 20.2 megapixels
- Automatic video stabilization and elimination of blurry images through its active mode
- Large aperture
- The battery life is disappointing
- Zoom option is limiting given that the GoPro can zoom up to 30 times
- 20.2 MP 1"-type Exmor R CMOS sensor. 28-100mm equivalent F/1.8-4.9 lens.
- Continuous shooting up to 10 FPS. ISO 160-12800, expandable ISO 100, 125, and 25,600.
- . 1080 60p/24p HD video with full exposure control (MPEG-4/AVCHD)3.0 inch tiltable TFT LCD with...
Canon PowerShot SX740
With advanced features and design that make it convenient to carry around, the Canon PowerShot SX740 boasts excellent quality. The camera has an LCD screen that can be tilted by 180 degrees, not only does this allow the user to shoot from low angles it also allows them to take selfies.
The Canon PowerShot SX740 has the option of connecting via NFC, USB, micro HMDI, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi that increases the number of ways you can share your content.
- Lightweight design
- Optical zoom of 40 times
- Shot stabilizer
- Dual sensing
- 20.3 megapixel CMOS sensor
- Built-in image processor
- 4K video quality
- Lacking Wi-Fi options
- Poor exterior design
- 20.3MP CMOS sensor with wide ISO range for low-light shooting
- 40x optical zoom with Optical Image Stabilization to capture with clarity from near and far
- Cinematic 4K quality video and time lapse movie at 30fps, 10fps continuous shooting w/ AF lock on
GoPro HERO 9
GoPro has built a reputation of being one of the best in the game and rightfully so. The GoPro HERO 9 is easily one of the best options for vloggers. Apart from the standard flexible options, this camera allows its users to directly share their content on social media which means you can reach a larger crowd.
One of the only vlogging cameras under $400 that has no cons to it and is overshadowed by the endless list of reasons why this is the camera for you.
- Specifications suitable for vlogging
- Waterproof exterior; until 33 feet of water
- State-of-art design
- 3 capture modes made for simple operation
- Compact for easy travel
- Video stabilization
- Local tone mapping
- Noise reduction
- Incompatible with old accessories
- 5K Video - Shoot stunning video with up to 5K resolution, perfect for maintaining detail even when...
- 20MP Photo with SuperPhoto - Capture crisp, pro-quality photos with 20MP clarity. And with...
- Front Display plus Rear Touch Screen - A new, larger rear touch screen with touch zoom on HERO9...
In terms of a beginner-friendly camera, the Nikon D3400 comes highly recommended. Ease of use, friendly, and travel-accessible makes this vlogging camera a favorite.
Nikon offers its users a free app by the name SnapBridge, the uses of this application are endless. It makes the process of sharing your content easier, helps with the backup of your files, and can also be used to trigger the camera to take a picture.
- Excellent focus accuracy
- HD video quality
- Strategic exterior design
- Easy to operate
- Guide mode and auto mode to make vlogging easier for amateurs
- Captures 5 frames every second
- Built-in image sensor
- Does not have a touch-screen or a tilting screen
- There are no accessory jacks on the exterior
- No 4K video quality
- Snap Bridge Bluetooth Connectivity
- 24.2mp dx format CMOS sensor
- Expeed 4 image processor
Canon EOS Rebel T6
The Canon EOC Rebel T6 packs a punch with its advanced technology and numerous features that will have you fawning over it. Although a bit expensive for beginners who are yet to commit to vlogging, this vlogging camera is suitable for professionals.
Complete with a 3.5 inch LCD screen, autofocus, and the ability to shoot in HD makes the Canon EOS Rebel T6 a fan favorite. The overall exterior is lightweight and the chances of damage if dropped are considerably low.
- Sharp images due to 18MP sensor
- ISO range of 100 to 6400
- Allows for night time photography
- Compatible with a wide variety of lenses
- Optical viewfinder
- Tracks fast-moving objects
- Shutter speed of 1/125 seconds
- The camera does not have an external jack for microphones
- The LCD screen is not a touch screen
- 180 Megapixel CMOS (APS C) image sensor and high performance DIGIC 4 plus Image Processor for...
- ISO 100 6400 (expandable to H: 12800) for shooting from bright light to low light compatible with...
- Built in Wi Fi and NFC connectivity provide easy sharing to compatible smart devices, select social...
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Vlog?
Vlogging can be divided into three steps; planning, recording, and post-production. The planning stage is all about brainstorming and coming up with ideas for your vlog, it also consists of any steps that you might need to take such as booking tickets if you are shooting a travel vlog.
The recording is all about getting your camera out and shooting the whole process. Post-production includes the editing and the sharing of your content on the platform of your choice.
Which Editing Apps Should I Use?
Ans. Some of the most commonly used video editing applications include InShot, Wondershare Filmora, Abode Premiere Pro CC, Power Director, iMovie. These are only a few apps you can use among the endless others available.
Can I Use My Phone To Vlog?
Based on the quality of your smartphone’s camera, you can use your phone to vlog. But always ensure to edit the footage on a desktop or laptop as this helps refine the content.
Can I Make Profit Through Vlogging?
Several platforms pay content creators based on the number of views they receive, YouTube being the biggest example of this.
What Should I Look For in a Vlogging Camera?
First and foremost, ensure to take a look at the camera’s video resolution. The additional equipment that comes along with the camera, the ability to shoot in low light, the size of the camera, ability to auto-focus are some other metrics to keep a lookout for while buying a vlogging camera.
The vlogging cameras on this list are friendly without having to compromise on the quality and features of the camera. From brands whose reputation precedes itself, these cameras are your step into the vlogging community.