If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
The Nikon D3400 has been Nikon’s most popular entry-level camera. Aside from a good camera lens, you will also need a good memory card that can boost the performance of your camera.
The best memory card for Nikon D3400 can help you transfer files fast, store HD videos, and keep up with the camera’s features. It also has the right storage capacity so you can keep all of the images and videos that you’ve taken.
- Our Top Nikon D3400 Memory Card Reviews
- Features to Consider in Memory Card for Nikon D3400
- Frequently Asked Questions
Our Top Nikon D3400 Memory Card Reviews
Whether you are taking landscape, portrait, event, wildlife, nature, or sports photos, you will benefit from the best memory card for Nikon D3400. These memory cards are reliable, versatile and can instantly store everything you want without any issue or complication.
Best Overall Memory Card for Nikon D3400: SanDisk Ultra SDXC UHS-I
The SanDisk Ultra SDXC UHS-I is a great choice for the Nikon D3400. It lets you store tons of photos and HD videos, thanks to its storage capacity of 128GB.
The write speed is a Class 10 rating, and the read speed is also very fast as it can transfer 200MB worth of files per second, unlike the PNY 128GB Elite-X which has a read speed of 160MB per second.
Having a Class 10 rating means in a blink of an eye, your files are already transferred to the card, and you can immediately open them on your device when needed.
The card is waterproof, X-ray proof, temperature proof, and shockproof, so you are assured that your files are protected, features that the Lexar Professional 128GB SDXC UHS-I does not have.
However, the card overheats fast. Also, formatting issues happen if the PC or laptop you use does not support the card’s writing and reading capacity.
- The memory card is X-ray proof, waterproof, shockproof, and temperature proof, it does not get damaged easily if it gets well, falls, or is exposed to extreme temperatures.
- It has a write protection switch feature to prevent your files from being accidentally deleted
- It overheats fast, if you don’t give it time to cool down the memory card will malfunction and may prevent you from transferring files to your PC or laptop
- Formatting issues can happen if the laptop or PC does not support the card’s write and read speed
- Fast for better pictures and Full HD video. Full HD (1920x1080) video support may vary based upon...
- Great choice for compact to mid-range point-and-shoot cameras
- From 32GB to 256GB(1) to store tons of pictures and even more Full HD video(2). (1)1GB=1,000,000,000...
Best Memory Card for Nikon D3400 for the Money: PNY 128GB Elite-X Class 10 Memory Card
The PNY 128GB Elite-X Class 10 Memory Card is the one of best solutions for photography and videography professionals. The memory card lets you store all of your digital content from your Nikon D3400.
The memory card is not only compatible with the Nikon D3400, but it is also great for other DSLR cameras, point and shoot cameras, and standard and advanced HD-enabled video cameras.
The card is shockproof, waterproof, temperature proof, and magnet proof, a feature that the Lexar Professional 128GB memory card is not equipped with.
The card has the write protection switch to make sure that your files are safe and you don’t accidentally delete them while you transfer the files to a device.
Unfortunately, the card does not have a write protection switch, which means you need to be careful handling your files as the card can’t prevent them from being accidentally deleted.
Also, the write speed is not as fast, as it can only transfer 160MB of content per second. Unlike the SanDisk 128GB Ultra SDXC UHS-I and the Lexar Professional 128GB SDXC UHS-I that can transfer up to 200MB of content per second.
You will have to wait a couple of minutes if you plan to transfer hundreds of photos and videos to your storage device.
- The card is versatile and can be used in other DSLR cameras, not just on a Nikon D3400 camera.
- It has the write protection switch that protects your files and prevents them from being deleted accidentally
- No write switch protection feature, if you accidentally delete a file you won’t be able to retrieve it anymore.
- The write speed is not as fast as the other memory cards on the list, it will take a couple of minutes before you can transfer heavy images and videos to your PC or laptop.
- Class 10 U3 V30 speed rating with read speeds up to 100MB/s
- Class 10 U3 V30 rating delivers speed and performance for burst mode HD photography and 4K Ultra HD...
- Ideal for photography and videography enthusiasts and for recording and transferring content between...
Best Cheap Memory Card for Nikon D3400: Lexar Professional 633x 128GB SDXC UHS-I Card
The Lexar Professional 128GB SDXC UHS-I is a high-speed memory card designed and built for the Nikon D3400. The card lets you quickly capture and transfer high-quality photos and HD, 3D, and 4K videos with a speed of 633x or 95MB, which means you don’t have to wait minutes just to transfer your contents to the card.
The Lexar Professional SDHC/SDXC UHS-I can speed up your workflow, so it helps you save time. The write speed is at Class 10, one of the highest speed rates for memory cards, unlike the PNY 128GB Elite-X that has a slow card speed of 160MB per second.
A Class 10 write speed means that you can transfer your photos and videos to the card in just a few seconds.
Unfortunately, the card is not waterproof, shockproof, and temperature proof, unlike the SanDisk 128GB Ultra SDXC UHS-I, so you need to be extra careful handling the card. Also, it has no write protection switch, which means it doesn’t protect your files from being accidentally deleted.
- The write speed is Class 10, which is fast and only takes a few seconds to transfer files.
- It keeps the quality of the photos and videos, from 1080p, HD, 3D, and 4K. The images and videos won’t be distorted after you transfer them to your PC or laptop.
- The card is not waterproof, temperature proof, and shockproof. The card could malfunction if it gets wet or if you accidentally drop it.
- It has no write protection switch that protects your files from being deleted accidentally
- High-speed, Class 10 performance leverages UHS-I (U1 or U3 depends on capacity) technology for a...
- Capture high quality images of stunning 1080p full-HD, 3D, and 4K video
- Enjoy shooting longer without changing cards, large capacity options up to 1TB
Features to Consider in Memory Card for Nikon D3400
The Nikon D3400 can take high-quality photos and videos, and what better way to store these than to transfer them to a reliable memory card.
The best memory card for Nikon D3400 has fast written and read speeds for convenient transfer of files, and it also has enough capacity to store hundreds of photos and videos.
Below is a chart that shows the other important features that you need to consider before getting a memory card for your Nikon D3400 camera.
|Product||Weather-Proof||Write Protection Switch||Card Speed|
|SanDisk 128GB Ultra SDXC UHS-I||Yes||Yes||Fast|
|PNY 128GB Elite-X Class 10||Yes||No||Slow|
|Lexar Professional 128GB SDXC UHS-I||No||No||Fast|
If you are shooting outdoors, it is best to get a weather-proof memory card, so even if you accidentally dropped it in water or dirt after taking it out to transfer files to another device, the card will still work, and your contents are still intact.
The SanDisk 128GB Ultra SDXC UHS-I and the PNY 128GB Elite-X Class 10 Memory Card are weather-proofed.
Write Protection Switch
Sometimes, you accidentally press the wrong button on your device that leads to a deleted file. This usually happens when you are in a hurry or when you spaced out while transferring your files.
Luckily, there is a feature that can help prevent this from happening. The write switch protection feature makes sure that you don’t delete any important contents by accident. It also allows you to retrieve any file that you’ve already deleted.
Out of the three memory cards on the list, the SanDisk 128GB Ultra SDXC UHS-I is the one that has the write protection switch feature.
The memory card has two types of speed, the write speed and the read speed. The write speed is the amount of time it takes for the videos and photos to be transferred to your storage device, may it be a PC, laptop, or flash drive.
Meanwhile, the read speed is the amount of time for the file to open when you click on it on your PC or laptop.
You will need a memory card with a fast write and read speed so you won’t have to waste precious minutes in transferring your files.
If your memory card has a fast card speed, it will only take seconds to transfer hundreds of images and heavy, high-resolution videos.
If the speed of the memory card is your main priority, you can get the SanDisk 128GB Ultra SDXC UHS-I and the Lexar Professional 128GB SDXC UHS-I as they can transfer up to 200MB per second.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Does the SDHC and SDXC Mean on the Memory Card?
The SDHC means Secure Digital High Capacity, while the SDXC means Secure Digital Extended Capacity. Both give you an idea about the capacity of the memory card.
The SDHC memory cards have a storage capacity of between 4GB and 32G. Meanwhile, the SDXC memory cards have a storage capacity of 64GB up to 1TB. Keep in mind that not all devices support all types of memory cards, as some only support cards at a certain capacity.
To fully enjoy the features of your Nikon D3400 camera, you will need the best memory card for Nikon D3400 that has the capacity and speed to store and transfer your photos and videos. You can keep hundreds of high-quality images and videos, helping you preserve precious memories and unforgettable moments with these memory cards.