If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
The Fuji XT2 is a mirrorless camera that both photographers and videographers love. It has a dual memory card slot that supports different types of cards.
The best memory card for Fuji XT2 allows you to be more flexible with your content, and it is reliable for storing thousands of images and videos.
- Our Top Fuji XT2 Memory Card Reviews
- Features to Consider in Memory Card for Fuji XT2
- Frequently Asked Questions
Our Top Fuji XT2 Memory Card Reviews
The Fuji XT2 fills the needs of professional photographers. It is equipped with a powerful image sensor, and it is capable of fast and continuous shooting up to 8fps.
To get the best out of your mirrorless camera, you can pair it up with the best memory card for Fuji XT2.
Best Overall Memory Card for Fuji XT2: Sony TOUGH-G SDXC UHS-II
The Sony TOUGH-G series SDXC UHS-II has a unique monolithic construction that ensures sturdiness. Its sealed casing leaves no space for dirt, water, or dust to enter. .This means that all files are safe and secure.
The card does not let any ingress of dust inside, and it can withstand three days in 15 feet of water.
The memory card is ribless, which means it does not break easily.
The write protection switch is also available, which means there is less risk of losing or compromising your recorded data.
However, the card overheats fast, unlike the PNY 64GB Class 10 U3 SDXC, so you will need to pause for a few minutes to give it time to cool down.
Also, you may encounter formatting problems if your laptop or PC does not support the write and read speed of the card, unlike the PNY 64GB Class 10 U3 SDXC that is compatible with any feature.
- It is waterproof, dustproof, and dirt-proof, so your data is safe no matter what.
- It is ribless. It does not break when dropped.
- The card overheats, you will need to give it time to cool down.
- The laptop or PC that you use must support the card’s speed, or there will be formatting issues.
- Tough specs: world's first one-piece molded construction with high hardness materials have resulted...
- Ribless, no write protection switch design: world's first ribless, no write protection switch...
- Fast file transfer: up to 300 MB/s transfer speed and up to 299MB/s write speed 3. Uhs-ii, Class 10,...
Best Fuji XT2 Memory Card for the Money: SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-I Card
The SanDisk 64GB SDXC UHS-I is an excellent choice for the Fuji XT2. It is a memory card that lets you store thousands of high-quality photos and high-definition videos, thanks to its storage capacity of 64GB.
With its Class 10 rating, the write speed and the read speed is very fast. It can transfer up to 200MB worth of data per second, unlike the PNY Elite-X that can only transfer 160MB of data per second.
The card also has a write protection feature that prevents your data from being deleted by accident, a feature that the PNY Elite-X does not have.
The memory card is temperature proof, waterproof, shockproof, and dust proof. This means that no matter what happens, all of your files are protected.
Unfortunately, the memory card overheats fast. Also, you may encounter formatting issues if the laptop or PC you transfer your files to does not support the card’s reading and writing capacity.
- The memory card is protected against natural elements, so you are assured that your data is safe.
- The write protection switch protects your data from being deleted accidentally.
- The card overheats fast if the camera is used for hours. You will need to take a break from time to time to ensure that its performance is not affected.
- You may encounter formatting problems if the device you transfer your files to does not support the write and read speed of the card.
- Shot speeds up to 60MB/s*, transfer speeds up to 150MB/s* requires compatible devices capable of...
- Perfect for shooting 4K UHD video(1) and sequential burst mode photography | (1)Full HD (1920x1080)...
- Capture uninterrupted video with UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) and Video Speed Class 30 (V30)(2) |...
Best Cheap Memory Card for Fuji XT2: PNY 64GB Class 10 U3 SDXC
The PNY 64GB Elite-X Class 10 Memory Card is one of the best cards for photography and videography. You can store the data from your Fuji XT2.
The card is weather-sealed, and it is temperature proof, shockproof, and magnet proof, so even if it is exposed to natural elements, you are assured that all of your digital contents are protected.
Also, the card does not overheat, unlike the Sony TOUGH-G series SDXC UHS-II and the SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-I Card. This means you can confidently use your camera and transfer files for hours.
Unfortunately, the card is not equipped with a write protection switch feature. You need to be very careful when handling your files because they are not protected from being accidentally deleted, and retrieving them will be difficult.
Also, the card’s write speed is not fast as it can only transfer 160MB of content per second, compared to the Sony TOUGH-G series SDXC UHS-II and the SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-I Card that can transfer up to 200MB of content per second.
- The card is protected from natural elements and is temperature-proof and shockproof, so you are ensured that your files are protected even if it is exposed to different conditions.
- It does not overheat. You can transfer files all day.
- It has no write switch protection feature, so if you accidentally delete a file, it will be difficult to retrieve it.
- The write speed is slow as it only transfers 160MB worth of data per second, and you’ll need to wait a couple of seconds before the files get transferred.
- Class 10, U3, V30 speed class performance with read speeds up to 100MB/s for fast and smooth burst...
- A1 App Performance enables apps to run directly from the microSD card, delivering faster app launch...
- Record and transfer videos, photos, music, files and more from microSD enabled host devices such as...
Features to Consider in Memory Card for Fuji XT2
The best memory card for Fuji XT2 has fast write and read speeds for quick and convenient transfer of data, and it also has enough space to store thousands of photos and videos without compromising its quality.
|Product||Write Protection Switch||Formatting Compatibility||Write and Read Speed|
|Sony TOUGH-G series SDXC UHS-II||Yes||No||200MB|
|SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-I Card||Yes||No||200MB|
|PNY 64GB Class 10 U3 SDXC||No||Yes||160MB|
Write Protection Switch
Accidents happen, even in photography. Sometimes, you accidentally press the wrong button on your device that deletes your files.
The write protection switch is a feature that serves as your backup. Basically, it makes sure that you do not delete any important data by accident, and it lets you retrieve it in case you’ve deleted it.
The Sony TOUGH-G series SDXC UHS-II and the SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-I Card are the two memory cards that have the write protection switch feature.
When you transfer your files to your device, there is a chance that the format is not supported, thus causing complications. For example, if the device that you transfer your files to does not support the .PNG format, you will have to switch it to .JPEG just to store it.
A memory card that has formatting capabilities, like the PNY 64GB Class 10 U3 SDXC, allows you to transfer files without having to worry about unsupported formats.
Write and Read Speed
The write speed of a memory card is when it takes for the data to be transferred to a device. Meanwhile, the read speed is when it takes to open the file when you click on it.
Memory cards like the Sony TOUGH-G series SDXC UHS-II and the SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-I Card have fast write and read speed that prevents you from wasting precious minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the SDHC Different From an SDXC?
The SDHC, or Secure Digital Health Capacity, are memory cards with a storage capacity of 4GB to 32GB.
Meanwhile, the SDXC or Secure Digital Extended Capacity has a storage capacity of 64GB to 1TB.
Can You Store Files in Your Camera Without a Memory Card?
Cameras like the Fuji XT2 do not have a built-in data storage feature. This means that without a memory card, you won’t be able to store images and videos.
If you try to take pictures of videos without a memory card, you will get an error message, and you won’t have a choice but to delete your file.
The best memory card for Fuji XT2 has the capacity and speed to store important data and transfer them safely to any device.
You can keep thousands of files so you can preserve all precious memories and unforgettable moments.