If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
The Panasonic GH4 camera range has a large and established base made up of professional and amateur photographers. The Panasonic Lumix GH4 is ideal for those who wish to go mirrorless and is looking for a light and high-quality camera.
The best gimbal for GH4 is a great investment and addition to your mirrorless camera. It can improve the outcome of your pictures and films. The gimbal can also support the overall setup of the camera, no matter where you do your photoshoot.
- Our Top GH4 Gimbal Reviews
- Best Overall Gimbal for GH4: DJI RSC 2-3-Axis Gimbal
- Best GH4 Gimbal for the Money: DJI Ronin-SC 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal
- Best Cheap Gimbal for GH4: Sirui Swift P1 3-Axis Gimbal
- Best 4-Axis Gimbal for GH4: MOZA Air 2 4-Axis Handheld Gimbal
- Best Portable Gimbal for GH4: AFI VS-3SD Gimbal
- Best Foldable Gimbal for GH4: DJI OM 4
- Features to Consider in a Gimbal for GH4
- Frequently Asked Questions
Our Top GH4 Gimbal Reviews
The best gimbal for GH4 can transform the way that you film and take pictures. It is small, compact, and lightweight, as it is meant to be taken anywhere with you.
Below are some of the best ones that you can get on the market, so you can capture gorgeous images, hold your camera longer, prevent blurry images from occurring despite constant movements, and extend your shooting time.
Best Overall Gimbal for GH4: DJI RSC 2-3-Axis Gimbal
The DJI RSC 2-3-Axis Gimbal produces professional-level results. The gimbal is compact and ideal for cameras like the Panasonic GH4 and other DSLR. It features a foldable design and amazing features, empowering photographers, filmmakers and content creators.
Since the gimbal can be folded easily, it is easy to transport and store, and it also has expanded shooting options. The gimbal is as small as a single sheet of A5 paper after it’s folded.
The gimbal is equipped with a stabilization algorithm that lets you record smooth footage. It also has a SuperSmooth mode that can compensate for any micromovement, and it helps increase torque, stabilizing different zoom lenses, including 100mm.
The 1-inch OLED screen lets you have full control of the device. It also has a Quick Switch feature that lets you switch from manual to auto. Also, it has a Vertical Shooting feature that lets you switch to portrait mode with just one tap of your finger.
The gimbal can last for 14 hours straight with a fully charged battery. It also supports fast charging. It can be spun 360 degrees so you can get better angles, and it has a Timelapse feature so you can accurately capture the passage of time.
The Ronin app allows you to edit your photos and videos immediately after you’ve captured them.
Unfortunately, the gimbal is not weather-sealed, unlike the Sirui Swift P1 3-Axis, MOZA Air 2 3-Axis, AFI VS-3SD and the DJI OM 4. This means that exposing it to harsh weather conditions can affect its quality in the long run.
Also, it takes time to set it up, unlike the DJI Ronin-SC 3-Axis. The gimbal is not user-friendly.
- It can be folded and stored easily, ideal for travelling
- It is equipped with a stabilization algorithm that compensates for sudden movements to prevent image distortion
- The Ronin app is easy to download and operate
- It is not sealed against natural elements such as dust, dirt, and rain. It can affect the performance of the gimbal
- It is not easy to set up, not ideal for beginners.
- Foldable Design - DJI RSC 2’s foldable design means easy transportation and storage, along with...
- 2.6 lb Weight / 6.6 lb Tested Payload - Titan Stabilization Algorithm captures smoother footage than...
- 1" OLED Screen - A 1-inch built-in OLED screen gives you complete control, right at your fingertips.
Best GH4 Gimbal for the Money: DJI Ronin-SC 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal
The DJI Ronin-SC 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal is compact and lightweight. It is built to go anywhere and is ideal for filmmakers and content creators that travel a lot.
With its aluminium and magnesium construction, together with high-quality composite materials, the gimbal provides a robust performance despite its small stature. It has a quick setup design and is made for limited spaces.
The gimbal has dynamic stability that allows you to capture stable shots even in action-packed scenes. It comes with a Sport mode that improves the sensitivity of the axis while maintaining stabilization.
The gimbal is very effective in a sudden motion, fast follows, and can smoothly change directions.
With its axis arm framework, it can effectively elevate the camera above the roll axis to keep it free of obstruction.
The concept was first introduced by DJI, and now it has been adopted by other gimbal manufacturers.
Unlike the DJI RSC 2-3-Axis Gimbal, this gimbal is easy to set up. The axis locks on each arm so you can store it faster and it can be balanced better.
The Quick-Release Plate has a positioning block so that you can keep it in the best position all the time.
The gimbal’s Ronin app is easy to use, and it has all the tools that you need to edit your pictures and videos, including the Timelapse tool that captures events in a steady frame.
However, the gimbal is not weather-sealed, unlike the DJI OM 4, AFI VS-3SD, MOZA Air 2 3-Axis, and the Sirui Swift P1 3-Axis. Which means it needs to be cleaned often to maintain its quality.
Also, it produces loud motor noise that can distract your subject.
- Easy to install and easy to store
- The Ronin app is user-friendly, so you can effectively edit your content
- It comes with stabilization so you can do sudden movements without compromising the videos
- Since it is not weather-sealed, you will need to cover it up to prevent elements from affecting its performance
- The motor is loud when used. It is not ideal to use around live subjects.
- Lightweight & Compact - Opening possibilities for filmmakers and content creators in almost any...
- Tracks the Action - The Ronin app, and Ronin-SC work together seamlessly to achieve smooth, precise...
- Dynamic Stability - Even in action-packed scenes, Ronin-SC gives a perfectly stable shot. Continuous...
Best Cheap Gimbal for GH4: Sirui Swift P1 3-Axis Gimbal
The Sirui Swift P1 3-Axis Gimbal is a lightweight gimbal that has a 3-axis stabilization system that allows you to capture smooth shots while you are on the move.
The gimbal has a quick switch option that lets you change into four different modes: Tilting Following, Tilting-Following Locked, POV, and Triaxial Following Locked.
With the comfortable anti-slip strip on the sides of the handle, you can firmly grip the gimbal for stabilized handheld shots. Not only is the device compatible with Panasonic GH4 and other mirrorless cameras, it can also be used for action cameras, card cameras, and even smartphones.
The Active Track feature automatically tracks the subject wherever it is, thanks to its built-in AI algorithm. It frames the subject and positions it in the center so you can accurately shoot it.
The Path Lapse feature allows you to easily set up shooting points and customize the path shots by adjusting the speed and time. It lets you create a visual video without needing to adjust it all the time.
The Instant Shot Control feature allows for precise shooting via the OLED UI. It comes with an auxiliary wheel dial and buttons with settings that you can use to add effects to your videos and pictures. With its built-in tripod legs, you can capture steady shots anywhere.
The motor is silent and has an anti-disturbance mode, so you don’t startle live subjects when you take pictures of them. It is also weather-sealed, which makes it ideal for bringing anywhere regardless of the weather condition, unlike the DJI Ronin-SC 3-Axis.
However, the SIRUI app is not user-friendly and is complicated to use. Also, the battery life only lasts 7 hours, which is short compared to DJI RSC 2-3-Axis Gimbal.
- It has an Active Track feature that locks the subject in the frame for accurate shots
- The motor is silent, so you can take pictures and videos of your subject without disturbing them
- The battery only lasts 7 hours. You need to recharge it frequently
- The SIRUI app for editing content is not easy to operate
- Comfortable Handheld Shoot：The comfortable anti-slip strips located on the sides of the control...
- Four Modes Switch：Master every movement to create your own Cinematic art with a quick switch to...
- Active Track：Automatic facial tracking with the AI Algorithms or frame the object manually and...
Best 4-Axis Gimbal for GH4: MOZA Air 2 4-Axis Handheld Gimbal
The MOZA Air 2 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal is empowered by the new generation of field-oriented control technology, which means it has a high-quality motor that is silent and fast.
The gimbal can handle mirrorless cameras, DSLRs, and pocket cameras up to 9 pounds. With its angled motor arm, you can get high-quality photos and videos without the risk of obstructed view. You will also have more room to adjust your setup.
You can easily frame your shots and make some changes. It has 12 buttons that can provide a fast, intuitive, and comprehensive operation experience, and it also offers zoom, focus, recording, shutter, ISO, aperture, WB, and exposure compensation features.
With the combination of 4-axis and 8 follow modes, numerous shooting modes like FPV Mode, Inception Mode, Panorama, Sports Gear Mode, and Tracking are available.
Most gimbals are known for their 3-axis technology. However, the MOZA Air 2 has a fourth one named iFOCUS that offers focus and zoom control.
With a smart OLED display, the gimbal has intuitive information feedback that accurately shows you the status of the device and helps you adjust it. It comes with a wheel dial, joystick, and trigger that can be customized to your taste. You can select between five profiles to store.
The AI calculation system lets the MOZA app choose the parameters used on your videos based on the weight on the gimbal, so you won’t have to readjust constantly.
With its time-lapse function, you can film various personalized and professional types of videos. It has up to 20 optimizations, including tracking time-lapse, motion-lapse, and zoom time-lapse.
However, the app is not easy to operate, unlike the DJI Ronin-SC 3-Axis and the DJI OM 4.
Also, the build quality is not sturdy, unlike the Sirui Swift P1 3-Axis Gimbal and the DJI Ronin-SC 3-Axis.
- It has a silent motor, making it ideal for capturing videos and images of live subjects
- The iFOCUS feature lets you focus on the subject accurately
- The build quality of the device is not sturdy enough. It may break if you drop it
- The app is complicated to use
- 📷【PAYLOAD 9LB】Gimbal weight 1.4kg, can capable of handling for most DSLRs, mirrorless cameras...
- 📷【NEWLY ECOSYSTEM】MOZA newly Ecosystem allows you can use MOZA thumb controller, iFOCUS,...
- 📷【LONG WORKING TIME】The MOZA SPARK power supply system equips the MOZA Air 2 with four power...
Best Portable Gimbal for GH4: AFI VS-3SD Gimbal
The AFI VS-3SD Gimbal is a portable 3-axis handheld gimbal ideal for photographers who are always on the go. It is suitable for Panasonic GH4 and other mirrorless cameras and DSLR cameras.
The gimbal can support cameras that are up to 4 pounds, which is less than the MOZA Air 2, which can support cameras up to 9 pounds.
The device also has an external remote control that can be wired, and it can also be used wirelessly so you can operate it even if you are a few feet away. You also won’t have to change the software manually.
With its dual sensors, it can provide your videos with stability. The gimbal can be booted from any angle. It has an arbitrary system that allows the gimbal to have a faster response.
The gimbal has a 3.8-inch screw hole that allows you to mount devices like monopods and tripods easily. The device is weather-sealed, it is ideal for outdoor use.
The gimbal is also equipped with a built-in stabilization system that lets you capture videos that are free of distortion and images without blurs. It is also equipped with a SuperSmooth mode that compensates for any sudden movements, and it ensures stabilization no matter how much you focus on your subject.
However, the gimbal can only last for 6 hours, which is less than the DJI RSC 2, which can last for 14 hours. Also, its motor produces a lot of noise when it is used, it is not ideal for capturing live subjects.
- The gimbal has a SuperSmooth mode that ensures stabilized videos despite micromovements
- The device is sturdy and can be mounted easily on different accessories like tripods
- The battery life is only good for 6 hours. You will need to charge it constantly
- The motor is also too loud to be used around live subjects
- Suitable for Canon 5D 6D 7D with 16-35mm f4.0 lens for Sony A7 A7II A7R A7R2 A7S A7SII with...
- 32-Bit controller enables multi-mode switch, no need to change the software manually.
- Support for external remote control(wired or wireless remote control).
Best Foldable Gimbal for GH4: DJI OM 4
The DJI OM 4 allows you to capture smooth videos. It is a foldable gimbal that is created to complement mirrorless cameras, DSLR cameras, and smartphones.
With its compact, magnetic, and easy-to-use features, the DJI OM 4 is the ultimate gimbal for the Panasonic GH4. You can also instantly attach your device to the gimbal so you can film and capture images on the go. Its magnetic clamp and ring holder lets you capture pictures effortlessly.
The stabilization system prevents shaky videos. The gimbal’s 3-axis motor allows you to add external lenses to keep the camera steady and to keep your video smooth.
With its innovative features like DynamicZoom that uses advanced algorithms, you just need to tap the features easily. It comes with a Hitchcock effect, an effect that adds a Hollywood aesthetic to your videos.
The Gesture Control makes taking group photos and selfies easier and simpler. Taking a picture or staring at a video is very convenient with this feature on.
The ActiveTrack feature recognizes subjects with accuracy, so you can lock them on the frame even if they walk around. When you press the M button on the gimbal twice, you can switch between landscape and portrait for better angles.
If you are not sure how you’ll edit your content, you can use the Story Mode feature, as it allows you to choose from a series of templates. Its battery life is also very impressive, as it can last for 15 hours straight, unlike the AFI VS-3SD Gimbal that lasts only for 6 hours.
However, the motor is loud and not great to use around live subjects, unlike the DJI Ronin-SC 3-Axis that has a silent motor.
Also, the mounting plates are not sturdy. The accessories that you attach to it may slip and fall if you make sudden movements.
- It has a stabilization system that prevents shaky videos
- The Gesture Control feature lets you lock the subject in the frame for better shots
- The motor is not quiet when it focuses on the subject, and it can distract them
- The mounting plates are not well-built.
- Feel the Pull - Instantly attach your smartphone to DJI OM 4 and enjoy perfect filming on the go....
- 3-Axis Stabilization - Never post a shaky video again. Even with an external lens added, DJI OM...
- Reimagine What's Possible - Innovative features like DynamicZoom use advanced algorithms, so all you...
Features to Consider in a Gimbal for GH4
The GH4 produces sharp and clear images. By attaching it to a gimbal, you can put the camera in almost all angles for better perception.
|Product||Weather-Sealed||Battery Life||Silent Motor|
|DJI RSC 2-3-Axis Gimbal||No||14 hours||Yes|
|DJI Ronin-SC 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal||No||11 hours||No|
|Sirui Swift P1 3-Axis Gimbal||Yes||7 hours||Yes|
|MOZA Air 2 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal||Yes||16 hours||Yes|
|AFI VS-3SD Gimbal||Yes||6 hours||No|
|DJI OM 4||Yes||15 hours||No|
The best gimbal for GH4 gives you an amazing coverage so you can capture every single fleeting moment. It also stabilizes your GH4 effectively, even without attaching it to a tripod.
Gimbals can be bought in different sizes and brands. Since it has such a huge variety, it can be challenging to select the most compatible one for your camera. Below is a list of the features that you need to look for so you can get the most suitable gimbal for your GH4.
Gimbals are often used by photographers and filmmakers when they want to capture their content outside because it allows them to do handheld photoshoots and video shoots.
Since the weather can be very unpredictable, it is safer to get a gimbal that is sealed from natural elements such as rain, dirt, dust, snow and more. It prevents the elements from affecting the performance of the gimbal’s motor, and it also helps prolong its life.
If you wish to get a gimbal that is weather-sealed, you can get the Sirui Swift P1 3-Axis Gimbal, MOZA Air 2 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal, AFI VS-3SD Gimbal, or the DJI OM 4.
Photoshoots take hours to finish, especially if it is a professional one. The Panasonic GH4 does not state its exact shutter count, which means it is best to get a gimbal that has a long battery life since you won’t know when the camera will last.
A gimbal with a long battery life will allow you to take pictures and film videos for hours without getting interrupted.
If you wish to get a gimbal that has an impressive battery life, you can go for the DJI OM 4 or the MOZA Air 2 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal, as they last for 15 hours and 16 hours, respectively.
Outdoor photoshoots normally involve live subjects, and if you wish to capture them naturally, it is best to get a gimbal that has a silent motor.
If the gimbal does not produce any noise, then you can take pictures and videos of your subjects without disturbing them. The DJI RSC 2-3-Axis Gimbal, Sirui Swift P1 3-Axis Gimbal, and MOZA Air 2 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal have silent motors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a Gimbal Different from a Steadicam?
Gimbals are different from Steadicams. Gimbals are stronger, lighter and easier to bring anywhere, while Steadicams are heavier and not user-friendly.
Steadicams take longer to set up, and it requires someone with more skill to be able to operate them properly. Since Steadicams are not supported by the arms of the operator, it allows you to shoot longer, and you can do more takes in a row. Some takes are minutes long, and a trained operator can take shots without needing a break.
Also, Steadicams are not battery operated. It also does not have any electronic issues, and it does not need any firmware updates, unlike Gimbals that often come with an app of their own.
What are the Three Types of Axis that Gimbals Have?
Most gimbals have three axes that help in stabilization.
The first axis is called yaw or pan. It is placed beneath the camera, and it allows it to move safely from left to right and vice versa while you film. It is also used to follow a subject horizontally.
The second is the pitch, which is also called the tilt axis. It is used to move the camera up and down. It is also useful when filming subjects that are traveling up or falling down.
The third is the roll axis helps move the camera horizontally. It is used to constantly focus your subject while it moves. It can also be used to adjust the shot or when the subjects move forward or backward.
The best gimbal for GH4 will not have you worry about a blurry or distorted video, especially while you travel, run, walk, or encounter a bumpy road.
Gimbals are equipped with features that you need to produce the best quality content, as they also come with apps that you can use to edit your picture or video on the spot.