If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
The Fuji XT2 is one of Fujifilm’s best selling professional mirrorless cameras today. To further enhance the quality of your images and videos, you can attach a flash on your Fuji XT2 camera as it does not come with a built-in one.
The best flash for Fuji XT2 can compensate for what the camera lacks and allows you to shoot and film anywhere, regardless of the condition.
- Our Top Fuji XT2 Flash Reviews
- Features to Consider in a Flash for Fuji XT2
- Frequently Asked Questions
Our Top Fuji XT2 Flash Reviews
The best flash for Fuji XT2 highlights your subject no matter how far they are, and it is used to create a beautifully blurry background that adds to the aesthetic of your images.
Choosing a flash for your Fuji XT2 camera can be overwhelming due to the numerous brands and models available, so we’ve picked the best ones for you.
Best Overall Flash for Fuji XT2: Fujifilm EF-60 Shoe Mount Flash
The Fujifilm EF-60 Flash is the first wireless flash released by Fujifilm.
The flash measures 4.45 x 2.87 x 3.82 inches and weighs 1.05 pounds, making it heavier than the Xit XTCF1BRK and the Fujifilm EF-42. The flash adds to the camera’s weight, so it can be tiring to hold it for hours.
The flash is also weather-sealed, a feature that the Xit XTCF1BRK does not have. It is protected against natural elements that can deteriorate its quality.
The flash has a maximum guide number of 60, which means it illuminates your subjects as far as 60 feet. It takes 3 seconds for the flash to recharge before you can do another round.
However, it is not beginner-friendly as it needs to be adjusted manually to get the correct flash settings.
Also, the flash switches to standby mode too fast. Although it can be switched back to active, it is still inconvenient to always change modes every couple of minutes.
- The LED light has strong illumination and produces beautifully lit images.
- The guide number of 60 is high and can shed light on subjects that are as far as 60 feet.
- Setting adjustment is made manually, so it could be confusing for beginners
- Standby mode gets activated too fast and can be inconvenient, especially if you need to take photos constantly
- Impressive power with multiple professional features to provide absolute creative control over an...
- Wirelessly control your creativity - The EF-60 can be optically triggered by the FUJIFILM EF-X500...
- Added versatility for those challenging situations - The EF-60 uses a Xenon flash tube as well as a...
Best Fuji XT2 Flash for the Money: Fujifilm EF-42 Shoe Mount Flash
The Fujifilm EF-42 Shoe Mount Flash is compact, light, and can fit in your pocket.
The flash measures 6.6 x 3 x 2.8 inches and weighs 9.6 ounces, making it lighter than the Fujifilm EF-60 Shoe Mount Flash. Since it is lightweight, it is comfortable to take with you when you travel.
The EF-42 has a guide number of 42, which means it can illuminate the subjects that are 42 feet away from you. This is shorter compared to Fujifilm EF-60 flash’s guide number of 60.
You can also adjust the head of the flash 180 degrees horizontally and 90 degrees vertically so you can cover more angles while taking pictures.
The recycle time of the EF-42 flash is 3 seconds before it can be ready again. It is protected against water, dirt, dust and other elements, so you can confidently use it outdoors.
However, the flash does not have a power-saving mode, so it is best to turn it off completely when not used to conserve batteries.
Also, its manual setting can be confusing for beginners to operate due to the terms used on the menu.
- Light and easy to store, ideal for travelling
- The head of the flash can be rotated easily so you can cover more angles while shooting
- No power-saving mode; you will need to manually turn it off when not in use to save power
- The manual setting can be confusing to operate, especially for first-timers
Best Cheap Flash for Fuji XT2: Xit XTCF1BRK Digital Slave Flash
The Xit XTCF1BRK Digital Slave Flash is an amazing light source for both indoor and outdoor photography.
The Xit XTCF1BRK measures 6.5 x 1.25 x 4.75 inches and weighs 4.8 ounces, it is lighter than the Fujifilm EF-60 Shoe Mount Flash and Fujifilm EF-42 Shoe Mount Flash, so it doesn’t add too much weight to your camera.
The recycle time of the Xit XTCF1BRK is faster than the recycle time of the Fujifilm EF-60 Shoe Mount Flash and Fujifilm EF-42 Shoe Mount Flash, as it only takes the flash 2.5 seconds for it to be ready to be used again.
However, its guide number is only 12. This means it can only illuminate subjects that are 12 feet away. This is a short distance compared to the Fujifilm EF-60 Shoe Mount Flash that can cover up to 60 feet.
Also, it is not weather-sealed, and exposing it to harsh weather conditions could affect the flash quality.
- Lightweight, easy to store, and you can comfortably use it for hours
- The recycle time of 2.5 seconds is fast; you won’t have to wait long for the flash to be ready again
- It is not weather-sealed; dust and water droplets can affect the performance of the flash
- The guide number of 12 is low; its light can only go as far as 12 feet away from the subject.
- Great light source for indoor and outdoor photography, use it as a flash or additional light from a...
- Package Dimensions: 5.08 H x 18.796 L x 6.604 W (centimetres)
- Package Weight: 0.136 kilograms
Features to Consider in a Flash for Fuji XT2
The Fuji XT2 camera does not come with a built-in flash, which is why you will need an external flash to attach to it so you can take your photography to the next level.
The best flash for Fuji XT2 allows you to illuminate your subjects at a distance, and it lets you cover more angles.
|Product||Recycle Time||Guide Number||Weather-Sealed|
|Fujifilm EF-60 Flash||3 seconds||60||Yes|
|Fujifilm EF-42 Flash||3 seconds||42||Yes|
|Xit XTCF1BRK Digital Slave Flash||2.5 seconds||12||No|
Flashes have recycle times because it generates a certain amount of power before it can give off a massive burst of light that illuminates its surroundings.
If you are looking for a flash with a fast recycle time, you can go for the Xit XTCF1BRK Digital Slave Flash, as it only takes 2.5 seconds to recharge.
The light from the flash is used to illuminate your subject at a limited distance while you take pictures or while you film.
Flashes with high guide numbers can extend its light to greater distances. If you wish to get a flash with a high guide number, you can get the Fujifilm EF-60 Shoe Mount Flash as it can illuminate subjects up to 60 feet away.
The weather is unpredictable, which is why it is important to get a flash that is waterproof, dust-proof, and temperature-proof so that it does not affect the quality of the images that you take and it does not shorten the lifespan of the device.
Out of all the flashes on the list, the Fujifilm EF-60 Shoe Mount Flash and the Fujifilm EF-42 Shoe Mount Flash are weather-sealed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a Strobe Different from a Flash?
A strobe is used to create regular flashes of light, while flashes illuminate a subject briefly. Flashes are known to create short and temporary bursts of light before it goes off to recharge.
Meanwhile, strobes can produce a stable and regular light for your subjects without the need to recharge.
Are there Different Types of Camera Flashes?
Flashes come in three types: in-camera, off-camera, and on-camera. On-camera flash connects straight with your camera. The power supply that it uses is self-contained.
Off-camera flash is the extra flash that you use aside from the external flash that is already attached to your camera.
In-camera flash, also known as built-in flash, is the type of flash that is already a part of your camera.
One of the most important accessories that you can attach to your Fuji XT2 is a flash, as it helps enhance the quality of your images and videos.
To get the best flash for Fuji XT2, it is important to determine how you want your images and videos to look, as there will be features and sets of functions that will suit your needs.