If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
Photographers understand the importance of external flash and the magic it brings to images. It is considered one of the most important camera accessories because it enhances the photos instantly.
The best flash for Fuji XT1 is designed to fit your DSLR camera as it has the flexibility and functionality for all types of photography.
- Our Top Fuji XT1 Flash Reviews
- Features to Consider in a Flash for Fuji XT1
- Frequently Asked Questions
Our Top Fuji XT1 Flash Reviews
The Fuji XT1 is compatible with different brands of external flashes. The best flash for Fuji XT1 works with the camera’s autofocus performance, aperture, shutter speed and other important features to produce the right light.
Best Overall Flash for Fuji XT1: Fujifilm EF-60 Shoe Mount Flash
The Fujifilm EF-60 Shoe Mount Flash has multiple impressive features that can provide creative control over your photos. It has a radio-controlled wireless shoe mount, and it can be connected to five other flashes, which is ideal for studio photoshoots.
The guide number 60 is pretty high. It can shed light to subjects up to 197 feet away. It has a white LED light that achieves focus in low lit areas, and it can effectively aim and position the light.
The flash is weather-sealed, unlike the Fujifilm EF-X8 Shoe Mount Flash, so it is protected against elements that can deteriorate the quality of the device.
The recycling time is 3 seconds, which is a bit slower than the Fujifilm EF-X8 Shoe Mount Flash, which has a recycling time of 2 seconds.
However, it can be confusing to operate for beginners because you need to adjust it manually to get the correct settings. Also, the flash goes to standby mode too fast; it can be inconvenient to change modes every time you use it.
- The LED light has strong illumination; it removes unwanted dark shadows in pictures
- The guide number of 60 is high and can illuminate subjects up to 197 feet.
- It can be challenging for beginners to operate because the settings are complicated to set up.
- The standby mode gets activated too fast, which can be inconvenient during photoshoots.
- Impressive power with multiple professional features to provide absolute creative control over an...
- Wirelessly control your creativity - The EF-60 can be optically triggered by the FUJIFILM EF-X500...
- Added versatility for those challenging situations - The EF-60 uses a Xenon flash tube as well as a...
Best Fuji XT1 Flash for the Money: Fujifilm EF-42 Shoe Mount Flash
The Fujifilm EF-42 Shoe Mount Flash is compact, light, and great to take with you when you travel.
The guide number of 42 means it can illuminate subjects up to 80 feet away, which is a short distance compared to Fujifilm EF-60 Shoe Mount Flash that can cover up to 197 feet.
The flash’s recycling time is 3.5 seconds, which is longer than the Fujifilm EF-X8 Shoe Mount Flash that has a recycling time of 2 seconds. It is weather-sealed, so it is protected against dirt, dust, snow, water, and other natural elements, so it is ideal for outdoor flash photography.
However, it does not have a power-saving mode, so it needs to be turned off if you are not using it to conserve batteries. Also, the manual setting is not easy to operate, so it can be challenging for people who are new to photography to use.
- It is great to use while you travel because it is light and compact.
- The flash can be tilted horizontally and vertically to cover better angles.
- No power-saving mode; you need to turn it off the flash to prolong the battery life.
- The manual setting can be confusing to navigate, not ideal for first-timers.
Best Cheap Flash for Fuji XT1: Fujifilm EF-X8 Shoe Mount Flash
The Fujifilm EF-X8 Shoe Mount Flash is an excellent light source for indoor and outdoor photography. It has a wireless radio connection that lets you connect it to 8 other flashes, so you won’t have to go through them one by one.
The recycling time of the flash is fast, as it only takes 2 seconds, unlike the Fujifilm EF-42 Shoe Mount Flash that takes 3.5 seconds.
The head of the flash can be tilted 180 degrees horizontally and up to 90 degrees vertically. This way, you can bounce off the light better and illuminate more angles.
However, the guide number of 26 can illuminate subjects up to 40 feet away, which is a short distance compared to the Fujifilm EF-60 Shoe Mount Flash that can illuminate subjects 197 feet away from the camera.
Also, the flash is not weather-sealed, and exposing it to natural elements results in quality deterioration.
- Easy to carry and store, great to use while travelling
- The recycle time of 2 seconds is fast; you can fire another round of flashes almost immediately
- It is not weather-sealed; natural elements can affect the performance of the flash
- The guide number of 26 as low as the light can only go as far as 40 feet.
- Small shoe mounted flash.
- No additional battery is required to power this flash as it draws power directly from the camera...
- Compatibility: X-H1 / X-Pro3 / X-Pro2 / X-T4 / X-T3 / X-T2 / X-T1 / X-E3
Features to Consider in a Flash for Fuji XT1
The Fuji XT1 camera does not have a built-in flash, which is why an external flash is needed so you can do flash photography and have enough light to take pictures in low light conditions.
The best flash for Fuji XT1 provides light on your subjects even at a distance, no matter where you are.
|Product||Guide Number||Recycling Time||Weather-Sealed|
|Fujifilm EF-60 Shoe Mount Flash||60||3 seconds||Yes|
|Fujifilm EF-42 Shoe Mount Flash||42||3.5 seconds||Yes|
|Fujifilm EF-X8 Shoe Mount Flash||26||2 seconds||No|
The light from the flash is used to illuminate your subject at a limited distance while taking pictures or filming.
Flashes with high guide numbers can extend their light to greater distances. If you wish to get a flash with a high guide number, you can get the Fujifilm EF-60 Shoe Mount Flash as it can illuminate subjects up to 60 feet away.
The guide number of the flash gives you an idea of how far the light can go. If a guide number is high, it can illuminate subjects a couple of feet away from you. If the guide number is low, chances are it can only reach subjects in shorter distances.
If you wish to get a flash with a high guide number, you can get the Fujifilm EF-60 Shoe Mount Flash.
The recycling times of flashes are the seconds that it takes them to generate power before it can be ready to fire another round of light. It is needed to make sure that each burst of light is enough to illuminate the surroundings and prevent shadows on your images.
If you wish to get a flash with a fast recycling time, you can get Fujifilm EF-X8 Shoe Mount Flash as it only takes 2 seconds.
Flash photography is also done outdoors, especially at night. Since the weather is unpredictable, it is best to get a flash that is weather-sealed.
A weather-sealed flash prevents elements such as snow, rain, moisture, dust, and dirt from getting inside the equipment and affecting its performance. The Fujifilm EF-60 Shoe Mount Flash and the Fujifilm EF-42 Shoe Mount Flash are weather-sealed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Speedlight the Same as an External Flash?
Speedlight and external flash are the same thing. The term “Speedlight” is what brands like Nikon and Canon named its external flashes.
What Does a TTL Flash Do?
TTL means Through the Lens. It uses the camera’s built-in metering system to accurately estimate how far the subject is from the camera’s sensor.
Without TTL, photographers will need to estimate distance manually.
Flashes are important accessories that help enhance the quality of your content.
The best flash for Fuji XT1 can reach subjects that are feet away, so you can take pictures no matter what the condition of the environment is.