If you buy something through a link in our posts, we may get a small share of the sale.
Photographers are always working on improving the quality of their images, may it be through mastering a different genre of photography, using high-tech editing tools, or adding a piece of equipment like a DSLR stabilizer that contributes to the result of their images.
However, not all photographers have the budget to manage everything. Luckily, the best DSLR stabilizer under $100 can ensure you get clear and sharp photos.
- Our Top DSLR Stabilizer Under $100 Reviews
- Best Overall DSLR Stabilizer Under $100: Joby JB01507 GorillaPod 3K
- Best Shoulder Support DSLR Stabilizer Under $100: WonderRig Elite
- Best Chest Brace DSLR Stabilizer Under $100: Ikan ELE-RECOIL-RLD Recoil Reloaded Camera Stabilizer
- Best Foldable DSLR Stabilizer Under $100: VGear Foldable Handheld Stabilizer
- Features to Consider in DSLR Stabilizer Under $100
- Frequently Asked Questions
Our Top DSLR Stabilizer Under $100 Reviews
Both professional photographers and hobbyists are always looking for technology to produce amazing images. They would invest in gear and tools that require them to check their budget.
One of the vital pieces of equipment that photographers and videographers use is a DSLR stabilizer. If you don’t have a DSLR stabilizer yet, there are the best DSLR stabilizers under $100 that can save you some money.
Best Overall DSLR Stabilizer Under $100: Joby JB01507 GorillaPod 3K
The Joby JB01507 GorillaPod 3K is a flexible stabilizer that you can grip, wrap around your arm, or position to stand at an angle so you can take your desired shot without having to worry about a shaky camera.
The Joby Gorillapod stabilizer is measured 2.36 x 2.56 x 12.01 inches and weighs 13.8 ounces, making it lighter than the WonderRig Elite and easier to transport.
The Joby JB01507 GorillaPod 3K is equipped with a panning bed that can turn 360 degrees and can be tilted up to 90 degrees. It also has a bubble level to make sure that you can optimally position control.
The GorillaPod stabilizer can produce the best images for handheld shots as you can wrap it around any surface, and it keeps your camera at your desired level and keeps it stable on any surface.
The stabilizer is made of stainless steel, ABS plastic, and aluminum, which means it is weather-sealed and can be used outdoors no matter what the weather condition is.
However, the legs are too short, and they can’t be adjusted, unlike the WonderRig Elite. If you wish to position your camera at a higher angle, you will need to look for a higher surface or wrap it around an area that is close to the level that you want.
Also, it is not equipped with an Anti-Skid feature. It is best to be careful when you are filming as the camera may slip and fall from the stabilizer’s mount.
- It is weather-sealed and is made of stainless steel; water, dust, and dirt won’t affect the quality of the stabilizer
- It can be wrapped around your hand, arm, or any surface for a clear and better shot
- It has a panning bed of 360 degrees and a tilt of 90 degrees for better angles
- It does not have an Anti-Skid feature, the DSLR camera could slip from the stabilizer mount if you move around too quickly.
- The legs are short and don’t extend in height, which means that the angles that you can cover are limited.
- Flexible: Grip it, wrap it or stand it, wrappable legs allow you to secure professional camera...
- Precise: 360 Degrees panning bed and 90 Degrees tilt and bubble level for optimal position control
- Modular: Works with JOBY pro-level accessories, including grip tight pro mounts, GorillaPod arms and...
Best Shoulder Support DSLR Stabilizer Under $100: WonderRig Elite
The WonderRig Elite supports DSLR cameras, SLR cameras, and video cameras that weigh up to 6.6 pounds. It has a matte box and lens gear belt that can be adjusted, as well as top and side flags for easy movement.
The stabilizer measures 1 x 1 x 1 inches. It weighs 1 pound, making it heavier than the Joby JB01507 GorillaPod 3K, which means it could be tiring to use it for an extended period.
The WonderRig Elite comes with a comfortable shoulder pad and dual hand grips for easy operation. It also has a reversible follow focus so you can keep your subject in sight.
The stabilizer is made of high-quality aluminum so it does not break or crack even if you accidentally drop it. It also has a sturdy base plate so the camera does not fall when you move around.
However, the stabilizer is not weather-sealed, unlike the Joby GorlliaPod stabilizer, so it is best to cover it when it is raining to prevent quality deterioration. Also, since it is heavy, it can be exhausting to carry it around for hours.
- It can be paired with different models of DSLR and SLR cameras, as well as smartphones
- It has a shoulder pad and a dual hand grip for comfort
- It is sturdy and does not easily crack or break when it accidentally falls.
- It is not weather-sealed, quality may deteriorate if exposed to harsh conditions
- It is heavy and can be difficult to carry around for hours
- Height-adjustable standard matte box with top & side flags and adjustable lens gear belt
- Comfortable shoulder pad, reversible follow focus, adjustable lens gear belt, dual hand grips
- Transform your DSLR or MILC camera into a professional HD video system
Best Chest Brace DSLR Stabilizer Under $100: Ikan ELE-RECOIL-RLD Recoil Reloaded Camera Stabilizer
The Ikan ELE-RECOIL-RLD Recoil Reloaded Camera Stabilizer fits most DSLR cameras, mirrorless cameras, camcorders, and SLR cameras. The base plate of the stabilizer can balance cameras that are up to 4.5 pounds.
The stabilizer measures 14 x 8 x 4 inches and weighs 3 pounds, making it heavier than the Joby JB01507 GorillaPod 3K and WonderRig Elite. Because of its heavy weight, it is not ideal to use while traveling.
With a formulated grip, it has a steady control. It also allows you to float your camera in and out of shots easily, especially in positions where you can’t shoot while handholding. It minimizes shaking and blurs on images and videos.
The stabilizer makes sure that you will get high-quality photos and videos, and you won’t have to try too hard to create focus as it will do it for you.
The stabilizer’s adjustable hot shoe lets you attach a video light, flash, LED light panels, or LCD monitor. You can also mount microphones, field recorders, and other accessories that can help improve the quality of your videos and pictures.
However, it is not weather-sealed, a feature that the Joby JB01507 GorillaPod 3K has. The performance of the stabilizer can be affected when exposed to harsh weather conditions.
Also, it does not have an Anti-Skid feature, so it is best to be careful while doing sudden movements as the camera might fall.
- It works well with different types of cameras
- The handle is formulated for comfortable use
- It has an adjustable hot shoe that makes it easy to attach accessories like a flash or an LCD monitor.
- It is not weather-sealed, so it’s best to avoid using it in windy or rainy weather
- No Anti-Skid feature, the camera may slip as a result of sudden movements.
- Light Weight, Ergonomic Design
- Adjustable Chest Brace
- Multiple Mounting Options
Best Foldable DSLR Stabilizer Under $100: VGear Foldable Handheld Stabilizer
The VGear Foldable Handheld Stabilizer has an adjustable height and can be folded, making it an ideal stabilizer for travelers. It is made of aluminum, so it does not crack or break if you accidentally drop it.
The stabilizer measures 6.3 x 2.2 x 2.2 inches and weighs 1 pound. It is heavier than the Joby JB01507 GorillaPod 3K, which makes it a bit difficult to store and use outdoors.
The stabilizer lets you capture every angle that you want. It has a built-in tripod screw that allows you to attach your camera easily.
The Anti-Skid feature keeps the camera stable while you use it, and the Grooved Grip feature makes holding your camera comfortable, even during long photo shoots.
Unfortunately, the handle is not rubberized. Holding on to the stabilizer for a long period could be uncomfortable, unlike the Joby JB01507 GorillaPod 3K and the Ikan Recoil Stabilizer that are both rubberized.
Also, it is not protected against elements such as water droplets, dirt, and dust so the quality can deteriorate fast.
- It can be folded, so it is easy to store
- It is equipped with an Anti-Skid feature to keep your camera in place
- It is not weather-sealed; dust, dirt, and water droplets could affect the performance of the stabilizer
- Built-in Tripod Screw
- Anti-Skid Camera Mounting Pad
- Grooved Holding Grip
Features to Consider in DSLR Stabilizer Under $100
A shaky shot can affect the value and quality of your images and videos; even the slightest bump can change the outcome. Fortunately, there are accessories that can correct this. DSLR stabilizers let you shoot stable camera footage and clear images even if you move around to follow your subject.
The good news is, you don’t have to go over your budget just to get a DSLR stabilizer, as there are best DSLR stabilizers under $100 that you can choose from.
|Weather-sealed||Rubberized handle||Anti-Skid feature|
|Joby JB01507 GorillaPod 3K||Yes||Yes||No|
|Ikan ELE-RECOIL-RLD Recoil Reloaded Camera Stabilizer||No||Yes||No|
|VGear Foldable Handheld Stabilizer||No||Yes||Yes|
DSLR stabilizers are used outdoors often, which is why it is best to get one that is protected from water droplets, dirt, and dust so you can use it longer.
The Joby JB01507 GorillaPod 3K is the stabilizer on the list that is weather-sealed, so you can comfortably use it anytime and anywhere.
DSLR stabilizers will require you to hold them for hours at a time, which is why it is important that the stabilizer is comfortable to hold and use. It is best to get a stabilizer that has a rubberized handle.
The Joby JB01507 GorillaPod 3K, Ikan ELE-RECOIL-RLD Recoil Reloaded Camera Stabilizer, VGear Foldable Handheld Stabilizer have rubberized handles.
The Anti-Skid feature prevents your DSLR camera from accidentally falling or slipping from the stabilizer. This feature lets you move around freely. It locks your DSLR camera into place, so you can film in more angles comfortably.
Out of all the stabilizers on the list, the VGear Foldable Handheld Stabilizer is the one that is equipped with the Anti-Skid feature.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Gimbals and Stabilizers Have the Same Function?
Gimbals and stabilizers basically have the same function, and it is to prevent the effects of a shaky camera from appearing on your photos or videos.
The only difference between the two is that gimbals operate through a specialized pivot axis mechanism that allows for smooth imaging.
The axes that gimbals have are called pitch, roll, and yaw. The pitch axis is the up and down movement, the yaw axis is the left and right, while the roll axis allows for capturing subjects on unleveled angles.
Can DSLR Stabilizers be Used on Smartphones?
DSLR stabilizers can be used on smartphones too. There are numerous DSLR stabilizers on the market that support DSLR cameras, SLR cameras, Go-Pros, and smartphones.
The way that you attach a smartphone to a DSLR stabilizer is the same way that you attach a DSLR camera to the equipment. You can clip your smartphone into the stabilizer and start shooting.
You don’t need to sacrifice the quality of your images and videos just because you are on a budget. The best DSLR stabilizers under $100 can help you in creating your masterpiece without breaking the bank.
The DSLR stabilizers come in numerous styles and brands, and it can be overwhelming to choose. However, as long as you know the features that you want in a stabilizer, you can get one that is suitable for you.